Avoiding Additional Fees & Damage Charges
To avoid additional fees, check out on time and turn in keycard(s), mailbox key, garage door opener and parking hangtag (if applicable). If these items are not turned in on time to the office or other designated check-out site, the resident will be charged a $75.00 Improper Check-Out Fee, plus the following charges, where applicable:
- Lost Keycard & Lock Update - $35.00
- Mailbox Lock Change - $45.00
- Parking Hangtag Replacement - $50.00
- Garage Door Opener Replacement - $75.00
- Daily Rate for Unauthorized Stay - $47
- Removal/Storage Fees - See Resident Handbook
Please refer to the Resident Handbook for the complete detailed list of charges.
- Request an optional pre-inspection with UAN Facilities up to 14 days before move out. To schedule a pre-inspection, call (310) 983-1315.
- Clean the apartment, dispose of all trash, turn off lights, and close windows and curtains.
- Remove all personal belongings. Residents will NOT be allowed to re-enter the apartment after they have checked out.
- Clean and/or vacuum the carpet (AC's have a vacuum available for residents).
- Patch any holes in walls.
- Return all keys to the UAN Administration Office or the After Hours drop box.
- Follow the instructions in the Resident Handbook.
- Submit a change of address to the U.S. Postal Service by mid-May. Once a resident has vacated the apartment, all mail service will cease and all mail will be returned to sender. The office will not check out keys to mailboxes.