Visiting Graduate Researcher (VGR) Housing

While Visiting Graduate Researchers are not eligible for the housing guarantee extended to enrolled students, there are housing options available.

Visiting Graduate Researchers may apply at MyHousing to live in University Apartments (including Single Graduate and Family Student Housing), but will be asked to provide proof from the Graduate Division showing the beginning and end date of the appointment.

If there is available space remaining after the assignment process is completed for eligible enrolled students, Visiting Graduate Researchers will be offered an assignment in University Apartments.

The Community Housing Office (CHO) has free public listings available for roommates needed/wanted and short-term sublets. Visiting Graduate Researchers are considered UCLA affiliates, so are eligible to purchase a CHO membership. Members may view all vacant listings, which include apartments, studios, guest homes, homes, condominiums, and rooms in private homes. The website is and the office number is (310) 825-4491.

Note: as of September 2014, Visiting Scholars are no longer eligible for University housing.