Room Sign Up for Returning Residents
UCLA Housing Room Sign Up (RSU) is an online process that provides eligible returning undergraduate residents the opportunity to select their housing for the next academic year.
If your classification is “Undergraduate Returner,” be sure to apply via MyHousing by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 29, 2019. Note: all incoming freshmen have a guarantee of three consecutive years of University-owned housing; incoming transfer students have a one year guarantee. Once your guarantee has been exhausted, your classification updates to “Undergraduate Lottery.” Keep in mind that any roommates you wish to live with would need to be the same classification as you, and you would need to apply for the same term. Contract dates for the 2019-2020 traditional academic year will be September 22, 2019 – June 12, 2020.
The online Room Sign Up event will take place during the week of March 4, 2019.
March 4 - March 6: Early RSU for roommate groups of two (2) or more
March 7: Main RSU for all students who don't participate in Early RSU
March 8: Open RSU for all students
Your specific Room Sign Up time will be determined based off your Randomly Generated Number (RGN), which will be emailed to you after the application deadline.
Searching for roommates is easy! You will receive instructions via email on how to form roommate groups after the application deadline has passed. Not sure who you want to live with? Roommate search will be available via your completed application after the deadline. Search for suggested roommates based on lifestyle preferences and message them through the application portal! Everyone participating in RSU will still need to form a roommate group, even if it's a group of one for you to pick a room by yourself. Roommate groups of more than one person will have priority to select their rooms, but if you prefer not to sign up with roommates, you will still need to select your room during Main RSU.
- Access Housing StarRez Portal: UCLA Logon ID and password are required to access the Housing StarRez portal. The housing portal is where you apply for housing and manage your housing preferences and offer.
- Walk-through of application process (PDF): This tutorial is for current undergraduate residents and provides step-by-step screenshots and instructions of the new StarRez housing application.
- Walk-through of undergraduate roommate groups process (PDF) - This tutorial explains roommate groups and how creating or joining a roommate group is required in order to participate in the Room Sign Up process.
- Walk-through of room sign up process (PDF) - This tutorial shows how returning residents will be able to select a room for next year during RSU.
- Potential construction impacts during 2019-2020 academic year