Room Sign Up for Returning Residents
UCLA Housing Room Sign Up (RSU) is an online process that provides eligible returning undergraduate residents the opportunity to select their housing for the next academic year.
If your classification is “Undergraduate Returner,” be sure to apply via MyHousing by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 23, 2018. Note: all incoming freshmen have a guarantee of three consecutive years of University-owned housing; incoming transfer students have a one year guarantee. Once your guarantee has been exhausted, your classification updates to “Undergraduate Lottery.” Keep in mind that any roommates you wish to live with would need to be the same classification as you, and you would need to apply for the same term. Contract dates for the 2018-2019 traditional academic year will be September 23, 2018 – June 14, 2019.
The online Room Sign Up event will take place during the weeks of February 26 and March 5, 2018. You will receive an email with your specific sign-up time.
Search for roommates is now easier! Not sure who you want to live with? Roommate search will be available via your completed application (in late January). Search for suggested roommates based on lifestyle preferences and message them through the application portal! Just like last year, everyone participating in RSU will still need to form a roommate group, even if signing up yourself (in that case, you would form a roommate group by yourself). Roommate groups of more than one person will have priority, but if you prefer not to sign up with roommates, you can still select your own space later during the RSU process.
- Access Housing StarRez Portal: UCLA Logon ID and password are required to access the Housing StarRez portal. The housing portal is where you apply for housing and manage your housing preferences and offer.
- Walk-through of application process (PDF): This tutorial is for current undergraduate residents and provides step-by-step screenshots and instructions of the new StarRez housing application.
- Walk-through of undergraduate roommate groups process (PDF): This tutorial explains roommate groups and how creating or joining a roommate group is required in order to participate in the Room Sign Up process.
- Walk-through of room sign up process (PDF): This tutorial shows how returning residents will be able to select a room for next year. (This walk-through will be available when the room selection portion goes live).
- Potential construction impacts during 2018-2019 acdemic year