University Apartments for Single Transfer Students

University Apartments - For Single Upper Division and Transfer Students Who Prefer Apartment Life

UCLA owns and operates nine off-campus apartment complexes. This housing is reserved for single transfer students and upper-division students. The University Apartments complexes are located west and southwest of UCLA and all buildings are within walking distance of campus and Westwood Village.


Apartments range from studios to three-bedrooms, with bedrooms usually shared by two or three students. Units are furnished with appliances and furniture including an extra long twin bed for each occupant. Utilities (gas, electric, and water), basic cable TV and high-speed Internet are also included in the housing contract at no extra charge. Residents may arrange for telephone service with a local provider. Each building has coin-operated washers and dryers. No pets or any other animals are allowed. "Service Animals" are accommodated.

On-Campus Dining for Off-Campus Residents

UCLA Housing offers several meal plans for students who live off campus, with all providing the convenience of eating in any of the on-campus residential restaurants. Each meal is all-you-care-to-eat with a wide variety of freshly-prepared entrées. Many students find that purchasing a meal plan is often more economical than buying groceries or eating out. Learn more about UCLA’s off-campus meal plans by visiting the UCLA Dining Services website.  UCLA apartment residents can purchase a non-resident meal plan at the Housing Cashiers Office located in Sproul Hall, first floor.

Students with Disabilities

Students with disabilities can be accommodated in a variety of on-campus and off-campus housing facilities. For more information, contact the Housing Services Office at (310) 206-7011, weekdays 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.


Students who wish to be roommates, and mutually request each other, should indicate the same housing assignment preference on their applications. Placement with requested roommates is not guaranteed. Roommates must be of the same gender.


Parking is very limited and mostly tandem spaces in the apartment complexes.  Not all University Apartments residents receive parking privileges. Transfer students who want parking must complete the section for “University Apartments Residents Only” on the online Housing Application in order to be on the parking offer list.