On-Campus Housing Move Out Procedures
2019 End-of-Year Move-out information
BEFORE YOU LEAVE
- Place all work orders now. Visit housing.ucla.edu/workorder. Any charges assessed for room damage discovered after check-out will be divided equally among all roommates.
- Clean and return your microfridge June 12-14 from 8:00 a.m. - 1 p.m. For details, please see your Front Desk.
- Clean and vacuum your room and take out all trash. Additional vacuums and trash bags are available with your RA and at the Front Desk. Arrange all furniture as you found it when you moved in to avoid fines.
- Arrange for storage or shipping of your personal belongings through Box Camp and UPS Store. Both companies will be outside/near your building during Finals Week.
- Pay outstanding housing charges.
- No commercial storage bins may be delivered or picked up at any housing facility. Take all of your belongings home – no items may be left behind.
- Change your mailing address. Go to the “Access Housing Application & Offers” link at: housing.ucla.edu/my-housing. You must also change your mailing address at my.ucla.edu and usps.com
- Donate unwanted clothing and E-Waste recycling. Bright orange bins will be available outside/near your building from May 31 - June 17 to donate clothing and electronic waste. For more information, please visit reslife.ucla.edu/clothesout.
OVERNIGHT STAYS - WHO QUALIFIES FOR AN OVERNIGHT STAY ON FRIDAY, JUNE 14?
- Graduating seniors (proof required).
- Students with a legitimate transportation problem (proof required).
- Students with a Summer Session 2019 housing contract. Contact Housing Services by Friday, June 7, 4:00 p.m. to arrange a stay through to the start of the Summer Session for an additional cost.
Students without an arrangement to stay after 10:00 p.m. on Friday will be charged a $75 fine in addition to the cost to stay overnight.
- Check out at the Front Desk. Failure to check out may result in a fine.
- Last meal served is lunch on Friday, June 14.
- Students WITHOUT Friday Finals
Check out before 12:00 noon on Friday, June 14 to avoid the traffic congestion due to commencement ceremonies.
- Students WITH Friday Finals
Avoid leaving campus from 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. on Friday as traffic is busiest at this time!
BY FRIDAY, JUNE 7, 4:00 P.M.
Arrange a Friday Night Stay-Over
BY FRIDAY, JUNE 14, 12:00 P.M.
Move Out WITHOUT a Friday Final
BY FRIDAY, JUNE 14, 10:00 P.M.
Move Out WITH a Friday Final
BY SATURDAY, JUNE 15, 8:00 A.M.
Move Out With Approved Friday Night Stay-Over
Visit http://ask.housing.ucla.edu or speak with a Residence Hall Manager.