Freshmen Student Housing Guarantee
Freshmen students admitted for Fall Quarter 2019 are guaranteed three consecutive years of on campus single student housing if:
- The student's housing application and non refundable $30 fee are received prior to 11:59 p.m., May 1, 2019.
- The student's Statement of Intent to Register is submitted to the Admissions Office on time.
- The student's initial housing payment and all remaining payments are made by the deadlines stated in the online housing offer.
- The student resides in UCLA Housing and agrees to the terms and conditions stated in the 2019-2020 Academic Year Contract.
Note: Housing in a specific facility or room type or with a specific roommate is not part of the housing guarantee. Due to the continued high demand for housing as well as the scheduled renovation of the high rise residence halls during the next several years, the majority of students will live in triple rooms during their first two years on campus.
- Freshmen students admitted late between April 15 and May 15, 2019 for the Fall Quarter will have 15 days from the date on their admission notice to submit a housing application and non refundable $30 fee to be guaranteed on campus housing.
- Freshmen students admitted on appeal are not guaranteed housing.
- Freshmen students admitted for Fall Quarter 2019 who return their application after the stated deadline or those students admitted for Winter Quarter 2020 are not guaranteed housing and will be placed in the Lottery. Housing offers are made on a space available basis in the order the application is received to the Lottery.