Steps to Take Before Checking Out of On Campus Housing
Clean and return rented Microfridges. The company will be on campus to pick up these units in early June. Check with the Front Desk for details or call (888) 929-0806.
Clean and Rearrange Room
Remove and place all trash in the bins and chutes provided. Additional trash bags are available at the Front Desk or from the R.A. Vacuum the room and arrange all furniture as it was upon move in.
Getting Ready to Move
No commercial storage bins may be delivered or picked up at any Housing facility. Take home all packed items as soon as possible.
Time to Move Out
Take all belongings home. No items may be left behind. Turn in room key/card at the Front Desk and sign out.
Note: Residents who have lost their room key/card still need to sign out at the Front Desk.
Some Friendly Reminders
- Please place all work orders now! It is the resident's responsibility to notify the Front Desk of any problems with his/her room prior to check out. Place work orders
- Residents must sign out at the Front Desk and turn in their room key/cards. Failure to do so will result in fines as high as $200.
- Any charges assessed for room damage discovered after check out will be divided equally among all roommates unless prior arrangements have been made with the Residence Hall Manager regarding person(s) responsible for damage.
- If a resident checks out after 10 p.m. on Friday without prior approval, a fine of $70 will be assessed in addition to the regular $75 stayover fee. If a resident fails to check out properly at the Front Desk, he/she can be assessed up to $200 in check out fees, fines, and lock change charges.
- Outstanding housing charges must be paid prior to check out! Residents may check their account balances on their BruinBill at www.my.ucla.edu. Payments can be made on line with a credit card or by electronic check using a checking or savings account number.
- The last meal served is lunch on Friday of Finals Week.