Cable TV Service

Cable TV is provided to all On Campus Housing residents.

To use the service, all that is needed is a high quality coaxial cable and a TV that has a clear-QAM tuner built in. Most TV’s manufactured after 2006 will have them. If the TV does not support digital QAM signal, a digital QAM tuner is required. Students must provide their own tuner.

Digital QAM tuners can be purchased at an electronics store. Currently, the only model compatible with UCLA’s digital cable television system is the K-World External ATSC/QAM TV Box HDMI Edition. The model number is SA295-Q DE. The Student Technology Center does not have tuners for sale.

For additional assistance, please contact the Student Technology Center at or (310) 825-3400.